Thursday, June 24, 2010

Football

I mean the real kind.

So, guess where I was yesterday?

I never knew anything about the World Cup until I realized that it was the one thing that EVERYONE was talking about. But I realized that it was something I had better learn soon if I wanted to connect with the friends and coworkers around me. To the rescue was my friend Philline who invited me to Germany's very important soccer match. It determined whether we would stay in the competition at all.

If anyone knows how to party for a soccer match, it has to be the germans. I was surrounded by what must have been nearly four thousand people (with many more peaking through the fence) in front of a giant screen that played the match of Germany versus Ghana. It was one of hundreds of 'Public Viewings' that were playing in every city across the country. Sure enough, we won!

I will be hitting the sack early today. I have been operating on 5 hours of sleep a day and will be working seven days straight before I get a few off. Man, so I take care of people all day but I forget to take care of myself now? Hehe, c'est la vie! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment